This article challenges the stereotypical expectation of foreigners in Finland as well as brings light on the grounds of ‘Finnish silence’. It has been published at the science part as a column by JYLKKARI, Finland. See the article: https://www.jylkkari.fi/2018/08/finnish-silence-is-a-myth/
• KESKISUOMALAINEN- is the Central Finland’s largest and oldest news paper. It published a worth-long article about Jouni Salo (actor) and the theatre idea he is realising now in the nature, in his current living residence which was completed at 1863. This theatre is a multicultural one, because immigrants like me are involved in it. As I have mentioned already in the article, we Immigrants need a high dose of curiosity to learn the culture, tradition, values and language of the country we are living in. Especially, if that is facilitated by both side (locals-immigrants) through as much as possible interactions – that may result in greater integration. Since, not everyone can reach the article, I have shared below the article and the link. Thanks to Kati Perälä for the interview, Jouni for the invitation and Multicultural Centre Gloria to be a platform to meet new people.
Latvijas Avize – nation wide news paper in Latvia published an article which covered an interview with me about the project we initiated, called “Kopā ar latviešu valodu – latviešu valodā”, meaning: together with Latvian language in Latvian language. Project aimed to bring different nationalities living in Latvia to sing and recite poems in Latvian language by heart in their national/traditional clothes. In this way, we believed that we promoted active participation and integration from one side, rising empathy and acceptance from host nationals side. 23.2.2017. http://www.la.lv/valoda-ar-sieviskigu-skanejumu/ / To get to know more about the project, please visit valodavieno.lv;
• Latvian Television (LTV) – got a short interview about cooperation plans with non governmental organisations in order to handle immigration, reception and integration issues.
(1m: 56s). 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJA6wyyeTQ;
• Kasjauns news portal published an article about me referring to another article in Turiba University Magazine, where I was interviewed about my commitments bringing closer Eastern & Western cultures and my opinion about Latvia.
• Latvian Radio 4 (LR4), Лидия Чера from LR4 invited me to the program “Линии жизни” meaning passages of life, to talk about myself and how I relate myself to Latvia. Илхом Xалимзода: привыкнуть к вашим холодам непросто.
• Regional news paper Aluksnes Novada Vestis and News Website (news.lv) published an article about the project “Diversity as resource” and mentions me there, since I was invited to give a serious of seminar lectures to school teachers and principals in different regions of Latvia about the importance of Intercultural Competence, where I combined theory and practical examples that I have been collecting from my personal encounters.
http://news.lv/Aluksnes-novada-vestis/2016/03/02/pededzes-pamatskola-turpina-dalibu-izglitibas-attistibas-centra-projekta. For more information on the project and my role, please see the organisator website: http://www.iac.edu.lv/projekti-en-us/istenotie-projekti-en-us/new-project-page/
• Here is the Turiba University Magazine article with me on the topic of dialoe, being from abroad and the life in Latvia.